Switch to full style
Random Tosh, unrelated to tenking things
Post a reply

Re: IS-6.

Fri May 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Trillock1945 wrote:I just wanted to get a prem, tank as a trainer for the USA and Ruskie line, and the only trainer I have in ze German line is the E25, and not really looked to see if there are any in the heavy line, which is what I run.

German heavy trainer?

Though it should probably be noted that it might not deliver quite what this video shows ... :?

Fri May 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Oooops silly old me, forgot about the Lowe' :oops:
Yet I remember seeing it when having a look at the Prem tanks in the shopping shop.
I might give it a go, I shall have to see.

Does it get normal or prem MM so that I don't have to make my lazy self find out for myself ?

Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Trillock1945 wrote:Oooops silly old me, forgot about the Lowe' :oops:
Yet I remember seeing it when having a look at the Prem tanks in the shopping shop.
I might give it a go, I shall have to see.

Does it get normal or prem MM so that I don't have to make my lazy self find out for myself ?

It gets normal MM, doesn't need preffered because the gun is good. Play it like a TD and you can't go wrong imo - the accuracy of that gun is just awesome.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks that encourages me to add it to my prem elite tanks collection. :o7
Which I have.... :D

Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 am

Trillock1945 wrote:Thanks that encourages me to add it to my prem elite tanks collection. :o7
Which I have.... :D

Awesome :o7

I really like mine despite the drawbacks of being giant with hull armour that doesn't bounce very much and a weak spot that makes side-scraping a bit hazardous. Reverse side-scraping is sometimes better as it also has the common German heavy weakness of mounting the gearbox behind the LFP. But get it to a spot where you can hide the LFP and keep the mantle pointed towards the enemy and it suddenly makes a lot more sense. :)

Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 am

A bit like my T29, T32, T34, hull down trying to hide the LFP just showing the turret ?

Sat May 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Try to hide the whole hull since it is garbage on the Lowe. And never ever ever ever ever get into a brawl since you will lose. DPM is garbage and tanks like the IS6 will completely wreck it in a close brawl.

Sat May 07, 2016 5:56 pm

I found out exactly that, with an IS-6 wrecking me on Fishermans Bay when I had a quick half a dozen games (mostly terrible) and one of them with the Lowe' for the first time this afternoon. :(

I will have to try to play it a bit more, because playing one tank, going back to the garage, picking another one etc., I won't get used to its play style doing that. :D
Thanks for the advice Drak/Dram. :trl
Post a reply