Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm
About 10 days ago my Graphics card, a brand new RX 470 (AMD) has been fucking with me. Hawt.
Anyhoo, I was busy so only got around to it today. It does not want me to reinstall the drivers. Shit's fucked, as in, 3 fps at MINIMAL settings fucked.
Error 175 and error 173 are the outcomes to all things I tried so far (cleaning out drivers, reinstalling custom or autodetect).
I'm a disaster when it comes to tech. So, any other solutions perhaps?
If any more info is needed I'll gladly provide of course!
Thanks in advance.
ERRORS:http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... KB173.aspx
AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Foundhttp://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... KB175.aspx
AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware
Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 pm
1) Roll back to an earlier version of the drivers, last known stable version if you can. If it won't let you, go to step 2, if it does allow you to, but still won't work go to step 5.
2) Load windows in safe mode, remove ALL AMD drivers and re-install old ones from there, if that still fails, move on to step 3.
3) Update motherboard drivers; whilst seems unlikely to be the case, it may help.
4) Set power settings to max performance, you never know, it may be a voltage choke.
5) Remove the card, clean the pins (discharge any static by leaving the PC plugged in but switched off, and touch the chassis). Re-seat the card and try again.
6) Check the PSU is supplying enough juice to run it, as thr RX 470 can be a hungry beast.
If all that fails, can you drop your system specs (hardware and driver versions) here, it may help to know what hardware you are running with it.
Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm
These are the other specs:
Crucial SSD MX300 275GB
Intel Core i5 6400
Corsair PSU Builder CX450M Bronze
Kingston DDR4 HyperX Fury 2x4GB 2133
Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Thanks for the steps! Will try them later today.
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 pm
Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:09 pm
Did exactly that a couple days before posting this.
Have yet to have time to look into it more.