It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Strappy's Unremarkable Replays Thread 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

WhyNoGoodNames wrote:
You know, The Mighty Jingles calls all of those the xxx Fake Tank. Because they were all made up by WG. Just thought I'd say this, in the name of historical accuracy.

Everybody knows it's a completely fake line, WhyNo, that's no surprise. WG didn't get access to Chinese tank archives for the rest of the lines either, they were "researched" by the local company who runs WoT over there; any tank with a description that includes "prototypes were destroyed in nuclear tests" is essentially code for "fictional". ;)

If you removed all the tanks which WG has taken some liberties when describing, there wouldn't be quite as much content in the game for all nations.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

All Conquering? No? Suit yerselves. :P

I've struggled with the Conqueror, specifically with grinding to the FV before the next patch. I'm not keen on heavy tanks and always seem to push too far and pay the price for it. I've been trying to change that with these later battles, don't be first in unless there's no option, that sort of thing. Seems to work quite well on Paris this time around.

I was hoping to cap out and complete HT-7.3 as well rather than chase down the last 130-something hp the last remaining enemy had when the rest of the team were already pushing for him but it wasn't to be. Next time, maybe. :)

Replay.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:41 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace in the MT-25, got an Orlik's medal to go with it for wrecking a couple of higher tier tanks in a light. Pretty hectic active scouting, which I think suits the MT better than the more passive scouting I'm used to. Might drop the binocs for a rammer or vents to see if I can make it work as a DPM machine.

I was a bit disappointed about not being able to circle-jerk the Tiger P to death, too many wrecks that I was worried about driving into so I gave him an easy shot to finish me off instead. :roll:

Replay.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Still chasing the ace in the LTG but here's a battle I really enjoyed on Himmelsdorf, such a great map for light tanks. This one swung both ways (ooh-er, missus), a couple of times when I was convinced we'd lost but we held on for the win.

One of those battles that reminds me why I enjoy playing this game. :chrg

Replay.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First MoE in the T-34-85. I was pleased with this battle as I'm not a fan of Abbey and wasn't aware I'd got a Top Gun until I got wrecked. Entertaining ending with their ELC deciding to cap, our two remaining tanks (the AT-2 and M44 arty) started capping and it looked as though it'd end in a draw but the M44 landed a lucky blind shot to reset the ELC which gave us time to win. :)

Replay.

Last edited by Strappster on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:00 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace and a Radley-Walters medal in the T-34-85. Shame it ended with me being rushed by the Thunderbolt but at least I got the RW first.

Replay.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:43 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Another T-34-85 ace and Lehväslaiho's medal. Nothing particularly special about this gameplay except that I was pleased that I didn't fall into my usual trap of chasing damage. We're defending an assault on Erlenberg and after clearing out the west, I didn't immediately try to get behind the attackers by heading over to the castle side, which usually ends with me dying to their camping TDs.

The cautious approach paid off nicely in my being able to perma-track a JP2 from full hp, which must have been quite aggravating for him but then he did peek the same gap as I'd just tracked him in so he was asking for it really.

Replay.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:43 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Another T-34-85 ace that I enjoyed, though I should have gone back to our base earlier to help the Bert decap the Hellcat and I should have realised the IS that got me at the end was reloading faster as he was using the 100mm, not the 122mm gun. Still, nice to get a medal and second MoE, this has been a pretty fun grind. :)

Replay.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

This one feels like a long time coming, first ace in the Rudy! Cheating a bit by being top tier but I think it was a suitably commanding performance given I've had beer for the first time in months so was a bit squiffy during the battle. :D

Replay.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Not an ace but first MoE in the Pz. T 25. I've struggled to enjoy playing this tank; it's fast in a straight line but turns as though the engine's damaged and the turret is turned manually by an arthritic hamster running in a wheel with damaged bearings. Then I thought, hey, that sounds a lot like the T67!

Not a bad earner either - I spammed gold at the O-I Exp. and still came away with 13k net credits. :)

Replay.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next