It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Strappy's Unremarkable Replays Thread 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace in the VK 30.01 P. I rather like this tank, it's big but mobile and the armour is quite useful, although it's bigger than many heavy tanks - you can see me compare it to a KV-1 at the start of this battle. Particularly pleased with this ace as the turret is stock and the crew were new into the tank when I bought it and are now only at 89% with no skills.

Replay.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace in the KV-1S, one of those battles where you hold W and keep clicking. I thought about loading gold when I was fighting their KV, which would have given me another kill, but I decided to stick with the HE because being perma-tracked and unable to fire back would have been really annoying for the poor sod. :twisted:

Replay.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Another ace in the KV-1S and a fitting end to the grind. I doubted whether this tank would be a keeper for quite some time, I simply couldn't get a great game in it. Then something clicked today and I had a run of decent results culminating in this battle. This came after a long losing streak as I struggled to get my x5 on either of my tier 5 derp Shermans so it felt particularly satisfying.

Replay.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:24 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First Swedish ace in the Ikv 72 in the last battle of the grind. It's quite fun for a tier 3 TD, nippy and quite punchy, I might hang on to this one. :)

Replay.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

An ace on Big Ensk, playing as bottom tier in the T25/2. I was pleased with this battle, it's not particularly exciting to watch but for once I didn't push ahead when we stalled going up the field, which is a tactic that often results in my early return to the garage.

Replay.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:04 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace in the little Learn To Play, a cute Russian tier III light that I picked up for the cost of 7 days premium, which also came with the tank so it was effectively free. Nice wee thing, a bit slow compared to the Pz. T 15 and Locust but it has armour to compensate and I run it with a spall liner to offset all the HE spam at low tiers. :)

Replay.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Aces are like busses - you wait for ages then two come along one after the other :D

First ace in my new favourite low tier stat-padding seal-clubber, the Locust. I almost bought this instead of the Pz. T 15 as my first ever premium, opted for the German because at the time I was playing more German tanks. Shame I'd left it so long, it's a great little tank that returns a decent profit even with a full Dinger load-out.

What it loses compared to the German is that it turns slowly - trying to circle an enemy can be asking for trouble as your circle gets ever wider and their traverse can keep up, a particular nuisance with Hetzers and Medium III's. What it gains in return is more stability in fast turns, probably because it has a wider hull and is that bit more stable. The guns are roughly the same, though I think the US is slightly better at firing on the move, which is always nice in a fast tank.

Weird end to this battle, our T-46 parked in the middle of the map and looked to be AFK until the last enemy popped up a few minutes later. Second time today I've seen something that might be a bot in low tiers ... or might be a child who doesn't really know what they're doing, although this one had a 55% win rate so it's either really well programmed or it has a lot more patience than I do!

Replay.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Another first ace, this time in the WZ-131. Proving that every map can be a spotting map when you've got a team that are willing to push with you ... and maybe that I'm learning not to rush too far ahead of them. ;)

Replay.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Still no ace for me in the Type 64 but a pleasing active scout battle on Erlenberg nonetheless, not least because the team appeared to listen to my plea during countdown that they not stop at the hills below the castle because we're not playing assault. :)

Replay.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:59 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

First ace in the 60G FT, Chinese tier 5 TD. I was pleased with this one because I was fairly sure the battle was lost but thankfully the enemy team seemed reluctant to push their advantage. Stock gun and a crew that started the battle at about 85% of main qualification, it's an ugly TD but an effective one. :)

Replay.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next