It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The Cream of Whippy 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Well, I've been a Dinger for a year and I've never posted a stronk replay. This will change! As a self professed noob I am not going to post replays to show how it is done (there are plenty of you doing this brilliantly) but here are some snippets of WoT that would otherwise remain undiscovered. Most of the replays I kept are now superceded by 9.18 but here is a recent giggle from two mighty bearers of the 3.7" howitzer.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3553297#sand_river-misterwhippy-alecto

The first, Alecto on Sand River, is a lemming train of noob opponents presenting themselves to be one shotted. All I had to do was sit on a hill at a decent view range and shoot. I should have had 10 kills but for the last two glasses of port.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3553293#ruinberg-misterwhippy-cruiser_mk_ii

The second, starring the deliciously OP Cruiser II, is a mop-up romp around Ruinberg. Again, noobs worse than me popped up like shooting traps and said "kill me". Six times.

I will post something that involves real skill when appropriate. In the meantime, watch some low-tier derping at its most enjoyable.

Wed May 03, 2017 3:21 pm
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander

+1 for thread name!
Dennez won the naming competition for mine, only because it made me lol so hard first time I read it :palm
Looking forward to watch your replays, mate!

Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

Joggaman wrote:
+1 for thread name!
Dennez won the naming competition for mine, only because it made me lol so hard first time I read it :palm
Looking forward to watch your replays, mate!

What is it called? Jogga's dirty underpants?

Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

You guys all seem to post skill replays. For a change I thought I would show you one of the ultimate sealclubbing (and this from a regularly clubbed seal, mind you) mindless noob specials.

I move to classic West corridor position on Himmelsdorf in my old Valentine AT, don't move the whole game, and just derp these wonderfully thick opponents. Knowing how difficult a target the Val is in this position I didn't even bother moving when the odd stray shot hit me.

The most undeserved Top Gun Ace Tanker ever.

And no, Drogo, I don't need an analysis. Enjoy, and weep.
http://wotreplays.com/site/3653879#winter_himmelsdorf-misterwhippy-valentine_at

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:16 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Not even close...ages ago Jingles had a replay contest (for 10k subscribers or the third girl or whatever) on highest damage and that featured some aces where most of the teams where disconnected and that was boring. I find this actually funny.

(aside you kill a R35 and FCM 36 in one match....they are both pretty rare...still need a kill on one of those IIRC).

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 am
None Clan Member

Location: My bedroom, which could give Hell a run for its money where heat's concerned
You should try killing an FCM 38 in an FCM 38... Without premium ammo. It's hilariously difficult.

WhyNo.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

There is something wrong. I take three weeks holidays, then come back and the winrate is moving up. It must be the lack of alcohol and abstaining from derps until I get my gameplay better...

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:53 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Current winrate is still at a healthy 56% , but for the life of me I cannot push my WN8 beyond about 1200. How you people do it? To get my winrate up I have deliberately been unselfish, like being the guy who runs to the unprotected flank, or who holds the bridge on Mountain Pass. But this doesn't help WN8. Ok, I play Tier IV-V ( my higher tiers suck) . Maybe I should drive the Marder 38T or Cruiser IV more often...

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I looked through vehicle WN8 on wot-life.
Looks like you have to Bishop (and Marder 38T).

Also get a Ke-Ho. It's my 2,7k wn8 tank (vs 1k overalls) and it is just plain fun.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:02 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Yes the Marder 38T is a murderous little bastard. I've done well in the couple of dozen of games I've played in it. I'll take up your suggestion on the Ke-Ho.

I'd still rather win, and contribute to a win, than have high WN8. I see in games that the guys who make the high WN8 are the guys in the fast meds and well armed lights who break through a flank and mop up the rear to win. But also the heavy slow TDs who farm a shed load of damage on a losing team before ultimately losing (think spawn fortresses in Mines, Cliff and Abbey where a couple of competent TDs can massacre a pack of depleted attackers). I really must explore those lines.

In mid tier games the Alecto or a Marder 38T can easily hold the central bridge on Mountain Pass, the peninsula on Serene Coast or the barren center of the corridor maps (Karelia, top Westfield, Redshire), but they're hardly breakthrough vehicles. Maybe I should try something faster like the Crom, French autoloaders or an E25 :chrg

I'm taking a couple of weeks off ( maybe I'll piddle with Blitz on the iPad) and think about the next lines to try. I've focused too much on the British lines to date, but I love their quirks, except for the heavies. :shock:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next