It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mods, modpacks and fair play.... 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Hi all,

May be you still don't know, but I arrived to the forum a few days ago, applied for membership and started to have great fun since then. Very glad about that.

Yesterday one of my teammates asked me if I had a mod installed (we had a terribly bad communication over a noisy mic and I could not understand much of what he said). I do have modpack installed, this one:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/35966-1011-aslains-wot-modpack-wpicture-sound-preview-19-08-06-2018/

...which I find it extremely useful, in particular all the garage functions they implement, like locking your gold coins so you don't actually spend money by accident or allowing the automatic sharing of equipment like binocular or camouflage nets among your vehicles so you don't have to equip every one of them with binoculars, etc.

As for the battle functions proper, most of them just make you slower. I like the option to disable the possibility of shooting at wrecks or shooting at your own team, knowing the stats of your rivals, etc.

Some other stuff is just fun, like changing the default music to Star Wars and stuff like that. They make you laugh but I disabled them after a while.

However, I would like to know the position of the rest of the clan members regarding the uso of modpacks in general and this one in particular.

Do you use them? Do you recommend them? Do you frown upon using them?

Cheers!

Alex

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:12 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I use :

QB's XVM.

Aweful Tanker session stats.

Forumite mod.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 pm
Recruiter
Recruiter

I use Aslains modpack for years now. Mostly, like you said, for the garagemods and for xvm.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:47 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Aslains, white death tanks, shooting wreaks or friends, auto equipment, missions and damage log.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

No mods for ages but i loved Aslains vehicle icons. I could never make out the normal in game icons (5 shades of grey and some green blobs at the time) so the colour coding helped seeing the team builds quickly.

BTW: Any Aslain user how are the sound mods these days? WG reworked how they worked and i think most disappeared then. Does it still feature the A-team sound mod?

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I use ProMod modpack for at least a year, I don't use all the mods in it, only just a handful, I use the auto-aim locker, 10 seconds for 6th sense, WN8 in battle, XVM, gunmark in garage and battle, and a few more

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 am
Recruiter
Recruiter

Sessine wrote:
No mods for ages but i loved Aslains vehicle icons. I could never make out the normal in game icons (5 shades of grey and some green blobs at the time) so the colour coding helped seeing the team builds quickly.

BTW: Any Aslain user how are the sound mods these days? WG reworked how they worked and i think most disappeared then. Does it still feature the A-team sound mod?

Sessine, I dont use the soundmods.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:46 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I use Oldskool's Auto-Equip and Simple Spot mods. Used to have a full XVM install that I tweaked after every update but eventually realised that I wasn't using the majority of the mods. Even having XVM colours in the player lists isn't that handy - by the time I'd cross-referenced the tank in front of me against the list to see what colour the other player is, he'd already wrecked me. :?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Let me rephrase that...no need to test them but does he actually still have sound mods as option and if so does that list include the A-Team mod?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I haven't used mods since WG added viewrange circles to the minimap, except that I install that awesome 6th sense icon Jogga has made from time to time.

In general I think XVM contributes nothing positive to the game. My gaming experience is better without it and I don't get anxious about shit teams anymore (in advance).

FecesBook an0therPlays

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next