It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Your Warhammer 40K or FB stuff 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I know a number of you dabble in Warhammer. What armies and stuff do you have? Etc.

I am a long way from 40k (it´s the long term expenses) having just one box of hormagaunts. All assembled but zero paint. I actually need to go to the glasses guy because i am at that point where your eyesight just flipped and i don´t see small print up close or arm length and beyond.

Watched many a painting tutorial and i want to do that in my AFK time a bit.

I also have Orcs Boys (quart assembled) and disguised by the shadow in the warp there is also the nids starter box.

I always thought of WHFB as a system to play wargames while ripping off Tolkien and i guess that is where it started. Never payed much attention until the TW:Warhamer game and i learned to love it and then i got into 40k via Luetin.

Very dark universe. The Orks are having fun and Stompas so i like them. And the Tyranids just look great. I also like the Tau and their cute drones.

The humans in the 40k universe are really suspect so i am all Xenos for now. Xenos also don´t shout ´For the Emperor´ or the narrowminded ´Heresy´.

Also reading The Great Devourer so even warming up to the Eldar. Guess they are Xenos too.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:43 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Not a Warhammer man, but I was an enthusiastic historical wargamer for 30 odd years. Ended up with 15mm Napoleonics. I must have painted several thousand figures over the time, down to buttons and moustaches. My eyes aren't up to it any more, but I still play the odd battle, last being a refight of Austerlitz 1805 at the Wargames Centre Southampton. Here's some of my stuff.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:38 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Very nice!

I've been messing around with toy soldiers for over 50 years now and for the last 20+ years the hobby has also been my living. My eyes aren't up to painting or sculpting any more, complicated by serious arthritis in my hands, so computer gaming takes up some of the slack.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:00 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Very cool! :beer1

I had an early obsession with Napoleon and i used to draw these armies facing of. Blue coats and Red Coats (or Green but you needed that for trees and grass so usually went for UK). I could not draw so the heads were rounds not too dissimilar too smilies but sadly i never patented them.

I did however always fill in a head with black so it was a cannonball and then drew some splatter on one side and stripes on the other side. :t4

My very first soldier was a tin man. But he never got company.

Had a shit ton of ESCI troops later. BTW the ESCI nation coding looks very much like WoT nation coding.
Also had a shit ton of tanks. My fave was the little Cruiser and the Churchill with it´s open track.

I never painted any of them at the time but that is one thing i look forward too.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Ah yes, that brings back memories. I did game 1/72 plastic WWII for a while (Airfix, Revell, Tamiya). I remember painting a whole battalion of Fallschirmjaeger for the Crete campaign, but that sucked because there were no real tanks in the order of battle (just a couple of clapped out Matildas). My favourite model tank was the Crusader, which was seriously one of the most elegant looking tanks ever built. But to win you needed boring trucks, universal carriers, towed artillery, half tracks and all the other paraphernalia to support infantry. They were the guys who actually won the battles :chrg

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:59 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Imagine the whine if they ever properly balance the game. :trl

I did play some card based strat version for a little bit but at an age where you would buy the flame thrower because it´s a flamethrower.

That is one of the fun parts of WH. So many builds and nearly infinite variety in counterbuilds.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]